Five Steps to Better Fitness
Trainer at MesserFit home of CrossFit Lebanon
· Improves mood: physical activity activates chemicals in the brain that leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
· Boosts confidence and improves self-esteem
· Combats health conditions and diseases: Being active boosts good cholesterol and decreases unhealthy triglycerides. Regular exercise can prevent heart disease, strokes, diabetes, depression, and arthritis.
· Increases energy: Regular physical activity improves muscle strength and endurance.
· Helps you live a long and healthy life
2. Clean diet
· Limited processed foods: Processed foods are full of sugar, fat, and sodium. If the list of ingredients is too long or if it contains ingredients you can’t pronounce, do not eat it!
· Cut down on saturated fats and replace them with healthy fats
· Reduce alcohol intake: alcohol dehydrates you and adds excess calories. It also will lower the performance in your workouts and make you sluggish during the day
· Cut down on sugar: soda, candy, baked goods, etc. This adds NOTHING of nutritional value and will make you feel tired. You’ll be amazed how good you feel when you lower your sugar intake.
· Meats, veggies, fruits, nuts, fish, potatoes and rice
· Drink plenty of water during the day
3. Get enough sleep
· Insufficient sleep has been linked to serious health problems such as heart disease, heart attacks, diabetes and obesity
· Getting enough sleep can help maintain your weight. Sleep loss goes along with increased weight gain. If you’re overtired you’re less likely to go to the gym or exercise at all.
· More sleep=better performance in your workout and more energy during the day
4. Create a fitness plan/routine
· Sit down and write out when you’re going to exercise during the week. Plan out days for exercise and days for rest. If you map out a plan, you’re more likely to stick to it then if you’re doing it sporadically. Establishing a plan will eliminate the “I’ll do it tomorrow” attitude
· Establish short-term and long-term goals. Throughout your fitness journey you’ll be able to look back and see how far you have progressed. This will be positive motivation to keep moving forward and to keep exercising! Having a fitness plan laid out means you’ll never lose track of what you’re supposed to do next.
· Work with a personal trainer/workout partner: If you’re not exactly sure how to map out a fitness plan, work with a personal trainer. Or talk to a friend who has similar fitness goals and keep each other accountable for workouts and nutrition.
5. Find something that works for YOU
· Don’t just go to the nearest globo gym and hop from machine to machine. Do some research, try out new things until you find something you enjoy
· Yoga, CrossFit, Pilates, running, Mud runs, Boxing, Zumba, etc
· Working out will be much easier to do every day if you actually enjoy what you’re doing. The most important thing is to have fun while getting healthy!
Exercise and fitness are a very important part of life. We need to stay healthy and active so we can better serve others and also so we can live a long healthy life. Set some goals, get active and have fun!
Interested in personal training or goal setting? Call/email me!
Come check us out at CrossFit Lebanon!
706 Deerfield Rd, Lebanon, OH 45036